***NEW THIS YEAR***
The FAFSA can now be completed as early as October 1st. Because this opening date has been moved ahead many colleges have also moved their priority enrollment deadline up. Please make sure you are aware of any enrollment or scholarship deadlines your colleges of interest may have.
FSA ID- Both students and parents need to obtain an FSA ID before completing the FAFSA. Parents and students may not use the same email address. To create your FSA ID visit https://fsaid.ed.gov
Financial Aid Night- 2018-2019 FAFSA Senior Class Parent Meeting
Date and Time To Be Announced!
A representative from OUC's financial aid office will be going over basic FAFSA information, as well as answering any questions you may have, regardless of where your student is attending school.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Students planning on attending college must fill out the FAFSA.
Please check with your college or university for deadline information.
You may choose any of these three methods to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
- Log on to www.fafsa.gov to apply.
- Complete a PDF FAFSA (Note: PDF FAFSAs must be mailed for processing).
- Request a paper FAFSA by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
Career Exploration Resources
This website was designed to help both current and prospective nurses further their nursing education by creating and sharing career and education guides.
A new, no-cost, online career planning tool that helps students discover career interests, explore future job options, build a future budget, create a resume and more.
- Tips on filling out the FAFSA.
- Videos, quizzes, articles and many more tools to help through each step of the college application process.
- Enter for a chance to win a $10,000 scholarship.
Area College/Career Events
2018-2019 COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS MANDATORY MEETING
If your student is interested in participating in the College Credit Plus Program for the 2019-2020 school year, you must attend a mandatory informational meeting. OUC will be offering two additional meetings you may attend should you be unable to come to the meeting at our high school. Representatives from OUC, Southern State University, and Ohio Christian University will be on hand to give information specific to their institutions. Your student will not be permitted to participate in this program if you do not attend one of the three offered informational meetings, sign a letter of intent to participate before April 1st, 2019, as well as meet all other deadlines established by the university they choose to attend.
***The College Credit Plus program is continuously changing, so this informational meeting is required even if your student has previously participated in College Credit Plus.
CC+ Informational Meeting Schedule
- Ohio University Chillicothe-February 20th, 2019-6pm in Bennett Hall Auditorium
- Adena High School- February 28th, 2019-6:30pm in school auditeria
- Ohio University Chillicothe-March 12th, 2019-6pm in Bennett Hall Rm. 110
- College Representative Visits- 2018-2019 School Year
The following college representatives are scheduled to speak to all seniors during their lunch study hall period:
- Wednesday, September 12th – Southern State Community College
- Thursday, September 27th – Ashland University
- Monday, October 8th – OUC
- Tuesday, October 9th – Ohio State University
- Friday, October 12th – Hocking College
- Tuesday, October 16th – Shawnee State University
- Wednesday, October 17th – Muskingum University
- Tuesday, October 23rd – Mt. Union University
- Friday, November 9th – Rio Grande University
- Wednesday, November 14th - SCAD will be speaking in all afternoon art classes.
Pickaway Ross Career and Technology Center (PRCTC)
Schedule of events:
- Sophomore Presentations at Adena: Thursday, September 27th, 2018
- Sophomore Tour of PRCTC: Tuesday, November 13th, 2018
- PRCTC Open House: Thursday, November 15th, 2018 5pm - 7pm
County Wide Financial Aid Nights
Attend a free Financial Aid Night to learn about scholarships, grants, loans, and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Three nights to choose from!
2018-2019 Dates and Times To Be Announced
University of Dayton Open House
Sunday, September 30th and Sunday, November 11th.
RSVP at ADMISSIONS.UDAYTON.EDU/OPENHOUSE
Morehead State University Open House
Saturday, November 3rd
1pm - 4pm
For more information: www.moreheadstate.edu/openhouse
Morehead State University Nursing Day
Friday, November 16th
9am - 12pm
For more information: www.moreheadstate.edu/visit
University of Rio Grande College Fair
Thursday, October 11th
9:30am - 11am
Directions and campus map can be found at
OUC College Fair
Tuesday, October 16th, 2018
OUC Shoemaker Gym
The OUC College Fair will bring together representatives from area colleges. If your student is interested in perusing college after high school graduation, this is a great way to explore some options available to them.
OUC Majors Fair
Thursday, October 18th, 2018
12-3pm in the Shoemaker Gym
The OUC Majors Fair will bring together representatives from programs at the Chillicothe Campus and Main Campus in Athens. If you are interested in attending any Ohio University location, this is a great way to learn more about potential majors available.
Shawnee State University-Evening of Science
Thursday, November 29th, 2018
Click here for more info!
Hocking College-Come Visit Us On Campus!
- Oct. 26th, 2018
- Oct. 27, 2018 (Family Day)
- Nov. 7th, 2018
- April 5th, 2019
- April 6th, 2019 (Family Day)
- May 1st, 2019
RSVP by emailing Jessica Smith at
or by phone at (740)753-7067
Ohio University Chillicothe- APPLICATION NIGHTS
Free application and financial aid assistance!
Talk with program faculty and take a campus tour.
Location: OUC Stevenson Center
- Tuesday, Feb. 5th @ 6pm
- Wednesday, March 6th @ 6pm
- Thursday, April 11th @ 6pm
National College Fair
March 24th, 1-4 pm
Greater Columbus Convention Center
Register for Free at GOTOMYNCF.COM
United States Service Academy Seminars
Interested in learning more about the application process of the Air Force, Military, Naval and Merchant Marine Academies? Come to this informational session. (Click here for more information)
ACT Prep Websites
Test Dates and Registration Information: Click here for more information
Junior ACT Test Date
Each year the State of Ohio pays for one time ACT testing for all Juniors. This test will be given to our junior class, here at Adena High School on March 12th.
ACT Prep Course at OUC
- Click here for more information
- College and Career Readiness Resources
SAT Testing Information
Sign up to take the ACT at sat.org/signup
2018-2019 Test Dates
- August 25th Registration Deadline July 27th
- October 6th Registration Deadline September 7th
- November 3rd Registration Deadline October 5th
- December 1st Registration Deadline November 2nd
- March 9th Registration Deadline February 8th
- May 4th Registration Deadline April 5th
- June 1st Registration Deadline May 3rd
Scholarship applications are available on the Scholarship Application webpage.
Other Scholarship Sources:
Earning an Ohio High School Diploma
CLASS RANK is determined by the total amount of quality ranking points earned by each student. Classes will fall into either the category of regular or advanced. ***Please be advised that College Credit Plus Courses taken during the second semester of a student's senior year will not be included when calculating class Valedictorian and Salutatorian.***
Diploma with Honors
Academic Diploma with Honors for Classes 2011 and Beyond.
Students need to fulfill all but one of the applicable criteria for the Diploma with Honors.
Testing Dates and Information
2018-2019 High School End of Course Exams
Fall Test Schedule:
- Monday, December 10th - English I (Including all retakes)
- Tuesday, December 11th - English II (Including all retakes)
- Wednesday, December 12th - Algebra I and Geometry (Including all retakes)
- Thursday, December 13th - Biology (Including all retakes)
- Friday, December 14th - American History and Government (Including all retakes)
- December 17th - 21st Makeup Testing
Spring Test Schedule:
- Monday, April 15th - English I (Including all retakes)
- Tuesday, April 16th - English II (Including all retakes)
- Wednesday, April 24th - Algebra I and Geometry (Including all retakes)
- Thursday, April 25th - Biology (Including all retakes)
- Tuesday, April 30th - Am History and Government (Including all retakes)
PSAT - (Juniors) - October 10th, 2018.
- 8am-11:30am Room 301
ASVAB - (Juniors) - Tuesday. February 19th, 2018.
- 8:30am Middle School Gym
ASVAB INTERPRETATION (Juniors) - March 12th, 2019.
WORKKEYS (Juniors)- a work readiness test. To be announced for 2018-2019 school year.
ACT (Junior Class)
The ACT will be offered free of charge to the entire junior class.
Test Date: Tuesday, March 12th.
Math Tutoring Period
Tutoring is available to all high school students for math during their lunch study hall period. Students may sign out of their study hall and report to the scheduled room for tutoring. The following is the schedule of times tutoring is available:
5th Period Monday - Friday Mr. Beery Rm. 313
6th Period Monday - Friday Mr. Smith Rm. 312
Student Volunteer Opportunity
Adena Medical Center is looking for students who might be interested in documenting volunteer hours for college applications. Students are asked to donate 8 hours per month (two 4 hour shifts)in a service of their choice.
Student/Parent Educational Resources
- Tasks for the College Bound Senior
- A Monthly To-Do List For High school Seniors
- Five Things High School Juniors Should Be Doing
- Things High School Sophomores Should Be Doing
Online Resources/Homework Help
A free homework help services and school assistance directory available to help you learn and improve grades in the classroom. Post questions on the homework help forum, and submit questions to professional experts and teachers. Explore and browse the various school subjects for helpful articles, resources, and links. You can even search for topics that interest you.
HomeworkSpot.com is a free homework information portal that contains resources for English, math, science, history, art, music, technology, foreign language, college prep, health, life skills, extracurricular activities and much more. These resources are organized into grade-appropriate categories for elementary, middle and high school.
Khan Academy supplies a free online collection of over 2,200 micro lectures via video tutorials stored on YouTube teaching mathematics, history, finance, physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy, and economics. The khan Academy also provides a web-based exercise system that generates problems for students based on skill level and performance.
Using the StudyStack web site, you use your computer to display a stack of "virtual cards" which contain information about a certain subject. Just like flashcards, you can review the information at our own pace discarding the cards you've learned and keeping the ones you still need to review.
- Ross County Suicide Prevention Coalition
- The Jason Foundation - Programs for the Awareness and Prevention of Youth Suicide.
- ADAMH (Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board)
- Substance Abuse Programs and Support Services in Ross County
- Drug Addiction Affects All Ohioans - Know The Warning Signs
- Ross County Drug Abuse Prevention Coalition Resource Information
- Community Resources for Those in Need
Did You Know: Children of parents who talk to their teens about drugs are up to 50% less likely to use. Start the conversation by clicking here for more information.